Information for industry
A Western Sydney Airport Industry Information Session was held on Monday 26 June 2017. The session provided information on future tendering opportunities in the Western Sydney Airport project. The event was an information session only and attendance was not a requirement for participation in any subsequent procurement processes.
The development of Western Sydney Airport involves significant design, engineering, technical, certification, project management and construction works. The works to be completed for the Stage 1 development include:
- earthworks to move and redistribute 22 million cubic metres of soil on the Badgerys Creek site;
- a 3.7-kilometre runway, aprons, taxiways and other appropriate aviation facilities;
- a terminal with a floor area of up to 90,000 square metres;
- drainage and utilities;
- car-parking facilities for around 11,500 cars; and
- onsite roads.
Project management and technical support services
- Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI) released 11 August 2017
- REOIs close Friday 1 September 2017 at 2pm AEST
- View the REOI on Austender
The Department has released a two-stage tender process to procure Project Management and Technical Support Services to support the Department for the next phase of the Western Sydney Airport (WSA) project.
The services required by the Department include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- establishing a Project Management Office;
- undertaking technical reviews on behalf of the Commonwealth for the WSA project;
- providing procurement oversight in the preparation and development of procurement activities; and
- undertaking general project management services, as required.
Suitably qualified service providers can submit a response to the REOI by email to email@example.com, using the reference number 10015675, by Friday 1 September 2017 at 2 pm AEST.
The contract will be awarded mid to late October 2017.
Air and noise monitoring
Through a limited tender a number of suppliers from the Department's Infrastructure Advisory Panel have been approached to tender on the provision of noise and air quality monitoring at Badgerys Creek. The monitoring will provide baseline noise and air quality monitoring at the airport site. The Service Provider for the monitoring will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Airspace design advisory services (Austender reference number CN3443981), executed on 12 July 2017 with To70 Aviation