Attracting the best the market has to offer
The Western Sydney Airport presents new business opportunities with a location central to Western Sydney’s growth.
Both the Department and WSA Co will seek private sector expertise in a number of different areas relating to design, construction, environment, and airspace design. WSA Co will be responsible for tenders relating to design and construction of the airport.
An information session for industry was held on Monday 26 June 2017. The session provided information on future tendering opportunities in the Western Sydney Airport project. The event was an information session only and attendance was not a requirement for participation in any subsequent procurement processes.
The development of Western Sydney Airport involves significant design, engineering, technical, certification, project management and construction works. The works to be completed for the Stage 1 development include:
- earthworks to move and redistribute 22 million cubic metres of soil on the Badgerys Creek site
- a 3.7-kilometre runway, aprons, taxiways and other appropriate aviation facilities
- a terminal with a floor area of up to 90,000 square metres
- drainage and utilities
- car-parking facilities for around 11,500 cars
- onsite roads
Project and technical support services
The period to submit a Request for Expressions of Interest for the Project Management and Technical Support Services tender is now closed.
The Department will now commence the evaluation process which will then be followed by a Request for Tender to shortlisted respondents.
The contract is expected to be awarded mid to late October 2017. The preferred tenderer will be announced on this page.
Any enquiries can sent by email to email@example.com.
- Airspace design advisory services (AusTender reference number CN3443981), executed on 12 July 2017 with To70 Aviation